Australian Vanilla Plantation Pty Ltd, is
a registered Australian company set up to investigate growing and processing
Vanilla (Beans) pods in Australia.
- To develop a Quality Assurance plan for Vanilla production that
will provide consumers with the highest level of confidence in the
quality of our Australian product.
- To apply the latest science to the growing and processing of Vanilla
- To develop new, and expand existing technologies (growing, propagation
- To research key aspects that will give us an advantage in the world
- To develop a leading world class product that will attract a premium
- To reduce and minimise the costs in growing and curing vanilla in
- To become a leading supplier of Vanilla Beans and associated products
Since 2002, three individuals with specific expertise have formed a
company that will give commercial vanilla production in Australia its
best opportunity to date. The team members have extensive knowledge
and practical backgrounds in the following areas -:
Many years experience with tropical crop production, plus experience
of growing vanilla. Local knowledge of the potential vanilla growing
areas of Northern Queensland.
We now have an experimental plantation in this State.
Post Harvest treatment (Curing)
We have researched current world best practices and have a proposed
study of a fast curing method with UWS which will lay the foundation
for a superior product at lower cost.
Have more than twenty years experience with this process.
Have local and international contacts with customers, traders and agents.
We have the sensory evaluation, and other skills needed to commercially
develop new and innovative products.